Hiring a photographer for Convention and event photography.
Convention and Event Photography is an industry that requires a lot of time and patience to capture the images that brand your meeting, so it’s important to make sure you hire someone who can be available for the duration of your convention or conference.
Convention Attendees waiting for their turn for Professional Headshots by Proimagesphoto.com
How much does Convention and Event Photography cost?
Convention and Event Photographers have different rates depending on experience level as well as other factors like how many hours they will work during the event. The best way to find Convention and Event Photographers is by researching their work online and then talking with them over phone before hiring. Have a conversation will help you determine if they have knowledge of covering your meeting.
Ask for references of actual meetings they have covered that is similar to yours and insist they show you the work via online. Not just a few photos but a gallery of images from the event.
I provide an actual gallery showing a Conference I cover from start to finish. This helps my potential client see my style.
Rates do vary by state and region. A hourly rate if often charged but a full day rate is also available depending on the scope of the job.
Tips to get the Convention and Event Photography pricing.
- Send the company a schedule with dates of where you will need photography services.
- Give specific start and end times for each day and or event.
- Location of each photography assignment helps determines time to get from place to another.
- Keep in mind that you cannot expect the Convention or Event Photographer to work for less than a minimum of 2 hours that is consecutive and not broken up.
Here are some reasons why Convention and Event Photographers are great to hire for your Meeting!
- Convention Photographs can be used on social media, which helps grow your brand.
Convention Photography of Robin Roberts speaking at a Vision Source Annual Meeting in Tampa Bay, FL
- The Convention Photographer will help make sure you capture the best moments during your Conference or Trade Show.
- Convention Photographer can provide professional Convention Photography for your event which will help maintain a professional image.
- Convention and Event Photographers are great to hire because they can provide services like Headshot Stations, which is always a hit at Tradeshows, Events and Exhibitors booths. As more brands turn into large corporations with many employees, it’s important to make sure you’ve found someone who can take quality photos not just on site but also at all those high moments when potential clients come out from their private meetings or sessions.
- Convention and Event Photography Services are great for your event which will help maintain a professional image. There is also video coverage that you can have done from aerial photography, product launches or conventions as well as other corporate functions that are always on the schedule.
- Convention and Event Photographers capture all the action during the Conference or Trade Show, so it’s important to make sure they’re available on the date when you need them. Convention and Events Photographers are definitely worth hiring if they offer these services!
A side note on consecutive hours for Convention and Event Photographers.
I get a schedule that would have me all day but only in 20 minute increments and expected me to charge for those increments only. This is not realistic.
What do you do when you find a Convention and Event Photographer you like?
Once you’ve found some potential candidates, make sure that they’re available on the date(s) when you’ll need Convention Photographer Services. Ask if they will be the photographer or another person will cover the meeting. If another person other than the photographer you are talking with will be the photographer. It is highly recommended that you ask to talk to this photographer and see their work.
Social Media Event Photography using Lamborghini as the traffic builder.
Remember you will have a person covering a very important meeting or event. Your Convention and Event Photographer will create images that represent your brand.
This person also needs a very good personality and good verbal skills as well. Professional appearance is important. You do not want a photographer who dresses to casual or wears their backpack everywhere.
Convention and Event Photography has become much more competitive over the past few years as many new people have entered into the market.
Convention and Event Photographers in the past have offered CD/DVD or USB Disk with high resolution Convention Photography, but now it’s becoming very common for digital deliveries of images through cloud services like DropBox, Google Drive or WeTransfer.
Convention and Event Photographers are now also offering other services like Headshot Stations, Tradeshow Booth Photography, Social Media Stations, Medical and Health Care Photography and Group Photography to name a few.
If we can help you with your Convention or Meeting give us a call at 1.800.486-3241 or send us an email. Thank you for reading.